What will you learn?
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Analyze GDS displays relevant to mileage system pricing
- Identify and price different journey types
- Read, interpret and apply fare rules
- Check minimum-fare rules in pricing itineraries
- Use GDS to issue tickets for manually-priced reservations
- Introduction to mileage based air fares, analyzing itineraries and retrieving fares from a GDS
- Pricing one-way and circle trip practice exercises
- Limitations on indirect travel, side trips and surface sectors
- Backhauls, circle trips, journeys in different classes of service and alternative fare break points
- Lowest combinations, round-the-world journeys and minimum checks
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Airline fares desk agents
- Travel agents
- Airline ticket agents
- Call center agents
This is a distance learning course, delivered online through a web-based program. 100 hours of study are provided although an average of 50 hours of course study should be expected.
The course is supported by a downloadable and printable Workbook with exercises, a list of GDS commands, maps and definitions of key journey pricing principles.